7.19.10
On the drive home so many things were going through my head. We were now responsible for taking care of this little person in the back seat. I wasn't starting from ground zero being the 2nd child of 9, but this was different.
This was our child and there was no mom or dad to pass the baby on to. We were the mom and dad and would care for this sweet spirit her entire life...and through eternity. It is a bit of a daunting thought if you think about it.
Once we got home, I wasn't sure to expect. She had slept all day and when night came we were horribly surprised at how many times someone so little could wake up.
She was still congested and had a hard time breathing in her sleep. I could not sleep because I was constantly making sure she was still breathing and not choking. Morning seemed so far away and take forever to come.
7.20.10
We took her to her first visit with the Pediatrician and she was still our little yellow jaundice baby. She had to get her heel poked to check the bilirubin levels and then we went home.
Our game plan was to keep her awake during the day as much as possible. Luckily that night she did much better and slept all night except when I woke her for feedings.
THANK GOODNESS!