Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Work to Live - not Live to Work

Some people have not yet understood this concept. The world is so engulfed with gaining - money, assests, possessions, time, etc. The list never ends.

But how often to we become subject to lose sight of the reason we start working, doing the daily grind just for a paycheck. Do we start to live for work and lose sight of what is really important? I hope not.

I hope we still work to live and not live to work.

As I have started back to work I have realized a lot about myself.
I am human.
I am not as stong as I thought I was.
Being a working mom sucks.
I hate the thought of not being there for Mars every moment of every day. I hate the thought of missing anything in her life. My heart breaks every time I leave her.
I realize many people have it worse than I do. Many people don't even have a job to work at.
I know there is a little girl in the hospital that has had several procedures and surgeries done and is fighting every day just to breathe and live.

Lilly - I love you and Kim you are the bravest person I think I will ever know.

I know I can be a better person than I am, yet I fall short every day.
I think the world is a messed-up place most of the time, and other times it happily surprises me.
I know that even the simplest of things like looking at the moon make me happy.
I know I want to be more than I am and fear I will never get there.

These are just some things I have been thinking about lately.
Somehow writing them down just makes me feel a little better.

~Alicia