Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blessings and new perspectives

This weekend has been one I do not want to repeat.
The best part was I had my baby shower for our little Amara Rae and it was a blast! I felt so happy surrounded by so many friend and family, it was a good time.

The unfun part was on Friday during my appointment with the doctor, the Amara decided it was nap time and slept like her daddy. They sent us to the hospital to repeat the test and do a BPP (type of ultrasound). All was fine with her and we were very releaved. The bad part was when they had me strapped to the monitors they saw that i was having contractions. That was not good - she was only 32 weeks then.

So, one shot in the arm to stop the contractions and one steriod shot in the hip to help her lungs develop, I had dialated to a 2 and effaced 70%. That was the scary part.

Now, most people especially with their first will not progress that early. But, then this little girl is already a drama queen.

They sent me home on strict bedrest and had to come back for the second shot in my other hip.

Saturday was the baby shower and after all the fun and excitement, we went back to the hospital. I had not progressed any farther which was good, but they did a test that came back positive for possibly delivering in the next two weeks. Now the test is not very accurate if it's positive, but still I was on bedrest until my follow-up on Tuesday with my doctor.

I had a blessing that night and was trying to avoid staying up all night worried about what was going to happen.

Well, today is Tuesday and our appointment was good. Chuck says she has my twinkle toes.
I am released from bedrest, but with limited activity and the goal is to make it to 35 weeks before delivering her.

She must be just so excited to get out here in the world in her little body, but I keep telling her to listen to her mommy and stay there so she can grow big and strong. Why do children never listen to you even before they arrive?

Well, I am going back to work tomorrow and will be taking it easy. There are only seven full working days until the 35 week mark and I think we can make it there safely. Good thing is that the hospital is closer to work than home, so if anything goes wrong i can make it there in no time.