So I scheduled an appointment with an OB/GYN and started the many visit schedule for our journey through pregnancy.
The first ultrasound was on our anniversary, December 28, 2009, on our three year mark. At least we didn't buy another puppy this year! The baby looked like a "little gummy bear" and it was true.
About a month ago, I finally told work. It was better than I had anticipated and everyone was very supportive. That always helps.
We have been thinking a lot about what the baby will be and if we will be good enough parents. Then I think of all the losers there are in the world that manage to produce decent kids and I though heck, if they can do it - i can definately do it and probably much better, thanks to years of experience being #2 of 9 kids.
So, with a 99% positive assurance from the ultrasound tech - it is a GIRL! I have had the name picked out for years, loved ever since I found out the meaning was Eternal Beauty. Amara Rae Hilbran will be her name and hopefully she will get her mom's sexy legs and her dad's ghetto booty.
Of course Chuck wanted a boy as his first child, as most guys do; but he will be a great father and she will definately be a daddy's girl.