Friday, March 19, 2010

Valentine's Day

Well, most women get spoiled and have bouquets of flowers and candy & chocolate on Valentine's Day. That being said, I am not like most women. Because Valentine's Day came and we had the weekend off from work, I wanted to go camping. Not the FAKE camping in a cabin or hotel somewhere - but the real roughing it in the woods, peeing outside and building your own fire camping. That's camping.

So, we packed the car and the "kids" and went down to Tucson to camp on Mt. Lemon. Our original camping site was not camping and was across the street from a suburban strip mall. So we decided to go up the mountain and find a better spot.

We did find a good spot, but it was so frigid cold. Cash whined and howled the entire time and Ginger spent all night barking and noises that scared her. None of us got any sleep.

In the morning we went all the way to the top and it was beautiful. Chuck and I had a snowball fight and threw the "kids" in the snow. Ginger did not mind this time and Cash had a ball. They slept the entire time on our way home.




Well, next year maybe I will opt for a non-camping experience. Or, at least go somewhere that is not below 30 degrees.